The surgery team of Moj Lab Polyclinic has been expanded to include another renowned professional.
Dr. Dragan Sorat graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Kragujevac.
He completed his internship at the Public Health Institution – Health Centre Podgorica. After completing his professional exam, he started his career at the Surgery Clinic of the Clinical Centre of Montenegro, at the Vascular Surgery Department. He completed a specialist exam in General Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Belgrade.
Dr. Sorat worked as a General Surgery Specialist in Public Health Institution – Danilo I Cetinje Hospital and was the Head of its Surgery Ward. In the period from 2016 to 2020, he was the medical director of this hospital.
During his work at the Surgery Ward of Danilo I General Hospital, he introduced minimally invasive surgery procedures of the thyroid and parathyroid glands with continuous and intermittent neuromonitoring, minimally invasive ambulatory surgery for abdominal wall and inguinal canal hernias under local anaesthesia, minimally invasive surgery for varicose veins.
Dr. Sorat completed trainings for all the aforementioned surgical procedures at renowned institutions both in the country and abroad. He is a member of the Medical Chamber of Montenegro, the Association of Surgeons of Montenegro, the Association of Herniologists of the Republic of Serbia and the Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Serbia.
The surgical procedures performed by Dr. Sorat are the following:
* Minimally invasive and open surgeries of the thyroid and parathyroid glands with continuous and intermittent neuromonitoring,
* Surgical treatment of breast diseases,
* Laparoscopic surgeries of the gall bladder,
* Acute and elective surgeries of abdominal cavity organs,
* Minimally invasive surgeries of haemorrhoids and perianal fistulas,
* Surgical and aesthetic treatment of varicose veins,
* Surgical treatment of diabetic foot,
* Minimally invasive surgical treatment of skin and subcutaneous changes,
* Minimally invasive ambulatory surgery for abdominal wall and inguinal canal hernias under local anaesthesia.